Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ad Wizards

by: the Admiral

I sat down to watch NFL football with a beer and a PBJ sandwich. Here is the jar of peanut butter I used.

JIF

I bought this jar of JIF because (1) $2.79 for an 18oz jar of peanut butter is a good price, (2) I refuse to eat off brand peanut butter and (3) both Skippy and Peter Pan brands sound really gay. Something that did not factor in my decision is the new “brilliant” ad campaign by the ad geniuses at JIF. It may be a little blurry, but the above jar of JIF says, “We’re Still 18 oz.” It doesn’t say “Loaded with Fresh Roasted Peanuts” or “Now with Riboflavin” or the classic “Choosy Moms Choose JIF,” it just says “We’re still 18 oz.”

I may be missing something, but unless this is a response to some well known plan by Skippy to start selling 4 oz of peanut butter in 18 oz jars, I just don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment