Monday, November 21, 2011

Jordan Crawford Confidence (n.)

Jor-dan Craw-ford Con-fid-ence [Jor-din krall-ford kon-fi-duhns]
noun
1. Utterly delusional perception of one's ability and self-worth;
2. Flagrantly solipsistic;
3. Subjective self-assessment that leads one undertake such as the following:


Etymology
1. (2011) “I don’t tell nobody, but I feel like I can be better than Michael Jordan,” Crawford said, without the slightest hint of sarcasm. “When I’m done playing, I don’t want people to say, Michael Jordan is the best player. I want that to be me. That’s how I am. That’s how I was built.” (DBSF's note: The double negative in the first sentence indicates that yes, he does tell people--as evidenced by this Washington Post interview--that he thinks he's better than Michael Jordan.)
2. (2011) "On this day, everyone was still buzzing over Washington Wizards guard Jordan Crawford’s mistake of talking too much to [Kevin] Garnett a day earlier. When Boston Celtics teammate Paul Pierce tried to do Crawford a favor and push him away, Crawford urged Pierce to let K.G. go."
Synonyms
Ricky Davis'ing it, narcissism, Kardashian, The Great Divide (album), pictorial form (see below)

No comments:

Post a Comment